Wednesday, March 30, 2011

All The Single Ladies

Although I am a happily married woman I have the incredible opportunity to work with the Young Single Adults through my calling in Church. I have spent many hours listening to my darling young women friends as they discuss their frustrations when it comes to the “dating scene”.  The fear of the unknown weighs heavily on their souls.  This fear is not exclusive to women. Believe me; men have the same fears and anxiety too.  So when my darling sister-in-law shared the YouTube video called “I will wait for you” on Facebook, I guess it just hit a certain spot in my heart. 

Janette McGhee is an evangelical poetess who goes by the name of Genetics, or Janette…ikz.  She shares her poetry with the Passion for Christ Movement, and she is the author of the poem, "I will wait for you".  Her delivery it is not exactly what one might hear from the traditional “suits and pearls” that speak to us in the traditional LDS way, but none the less, for me,  she spoke with power and truth.

Watch it and see for yourself.




So Sista's keep looking for that man, you will find him just like Janette...ikz says:

And I will know you… because when you speak I will be reminded of Solomon’s wisdom,
Your ability to lead will remind me of Moses,
Your faith will remind me of Abraham,
Your confidence in God’s Word will remind me of Daniel,
Your inspiration will remind me of Paul,
Your heart for God will remind me of David,
Your attention to detail will remind me of Noah,
Your integrity will remind me of Joseph,
And your ability to abandon your own will, will remind me of the disciples,
But your ability to love selflessly & unconditionally will remind me of Christ.
But I won’t need to identify you by any special Matthews or any special Marks,
Cause His word will be tatted all over your heart.

You will find him because you will prepare yourself so that he will find you:

And you will know me, and you will find me,
Where… the boldness of Esther meets the warm closeness of Ruth.
Where the hospitality of Lydia is aligned with the submission of Mary,
Which is engulfed in the tears of a praying Hanna.
I will be the one, drenched in Proverbs 31… waiting for you.

 Isaiah 40:31But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this sister dowden! I feel like I've been waiting forever but I will just keep waiting. And while I do I will improve myself so that I become a person someone else is waiting for!

    ReplyDelete